Becoming a Member
How to become a member:
- Review the Club by-laws and operation procedures documents to understand how the Club operates and its expectations of members.
- Contact the Club President or other member to discuss interest and to answer questions. If membership is desired then:
- Download and complete the Club application form (available from our website).
- Download FAA records request form (available from our website) and submit to obtain your pilot record. Have records sent to you to bring to us.
- Download the National Driving Record request form (available from our website) and submit to obtain a copy of your driving record. A current state driving record is also acceptable. Have record sent to you to bring to us.
- When completed application and background checks are in hand, contact the Club President to schedule interview with members of the Club board.
- Bring the application, the FAA and DMV background checks and $50.00 application fee to the interview. The interview will review the application, explore your desire to join the Club, discuss your financial wherewithal to be a member, go over how the Club works and answer any questions.
- Upon notification by the board of eligibility to join the Club, you will contact the Club Safety Officer and schedule a Club check out. The check out will orientate you with the Club aircraft, the Club facilities and detailed Club operating procedures.
- When the Safety Officer determines you understand the Club procedures, he will collect the $450.00 joining fee, establish you into the Club aircraft scheduling system and give you the necessary, gate, door and computer codes.
- You and the Safety Officer (or another Club CFI) will then complete a Club aircraft check ride to verify your ability to safely fly the aircraft.
- Once the aircraft check ride has been successfully completed, the Safety Officer will configure the scheduling system to allow you to independently schedule aircraft.